Attic mold, attic mold, basement mold
High humidity, poor insulation, lack of ventilation are the most common causes of mold in a home. Accumulation of snow and ice, high winds or even rain is bad weather that can cause damage to your roof and your attic. The formation of mold is generally found in places that lack ventilation such as basements, attics, laundries and also in walls where there has probably been water infiltration through the roof or due to damaged pipes.
Mold is also very common in the attic. In fact, your attic space may be subject to poor ventilation in the soffits, and this then causes condensation in your attic. They are often created by infiltration of water or water vapor. This is a fairly common phenomenon. However, it is important to quickly identify the presence of mold in order to be able to treat it. In general, the presence of mold is manifested by: unpleasant, musty, earthy or alcoholic odors; black spots on walls, ceilings and carpets; warping at the walls.
Why do mold decontamination?
Molds are very harmful to health. The spores present in the mold cause many health problems for the occupants. They can cause allergies or even breathing difficulties. In addition, without decontamination, you may have to deal with structural problems with sagging of your attic. This is why it is important to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Attic vermiculite, attic vermiculite
Used since the 1960s in American homes, vermiculite belongs to the category of mineral insulators. Particularly economical, it is generally used for insulating attics, attics, floors or even between ceilings. It is simple to implement even in the most difficult to access areas. This insulation material is rot-proof, non-combustible and stable. It also has very high thermal resistance. Despite its performance in terms of insulation, this material still gives rise to some controversy, particularly concerning the hazardous materials that constitute it, such as asbestos. If your attic or the attic of your house is insulated with vermiculite, it is important to have the insulation tested and to carry out attic decontamination and attic decontamination.
Vermiculite and health
According to some studies, vermiculite may contain natural traces of asbestos. As long as this insulation stays in the walls, away from touch, it is not a real problem. However, if the contaminated vermiculite is moved, it releases (invisible) asbestos fibers into the air which, inhaled, get lodged in the lungs and can cause lung or lung cancer in the long term.
Why is it important to call in professionals specialized in decontamination?
It is not recommended to touch the mold at the risk of polluting the quality of your air or worsening its effects. If you plan to carry out renovations or simply get rid of contaminants, it is essential to contact a professional for more safety and meticulous work. Indeed, the risk here is self-contamination, especially if you do not have the appropriate protective equipment. Simply call on our professionals who will come to inspect your attic and your attic. They are qualified to carry out tests to determine the dangerousness of this product. After the tests, adequate measures will be taken to remove any contaminant. Our decontamination service operates according to established protocols and in compliance with health and safety standards. The service has the tools and equipment necessary to carry out decontamination in easily accessible areas as well as in restricted areas. Once the decontamination is done, our professionals will apply effective and lasting antimicrobial treatments. An experienced team is waiting for you.